What we do
Our vision is to create excellent and equitable eye care systems in India that reach all those in need of ophthalmic care.
- To make all primary, secondary and tertiary centers of L V Prasad Eye Institute as centers of excellence in eye care services
- To support basic and clinical research into eye diseases and vision-threatening conditions
- To train researchers, clinicians, and paraprofessionals
- To engage in the development of ophthalmic products
- To provide rehabilitation for those with incurable visual disability
- To become a model for extending excellent, equitable and efficient eye care to underserved populations in the developing world
- The growth and expansion of the LVPEI Eye Bank Network to provide coverage to the whole of India through personnel skilling and capacity building of partner sites
- The formation of Institutes of Excellence that will be Global Resource Centers for the world
- The technology infrastructure upgrading of Vision Centers in rural areas so LVPEI may leverage artificial intelligence and telemedicine to provide the most comprehensive care as closer to the doorstep of rural patients as possible
We are confident that our donors will make this possible and to them we offer several naming opportunities.